This article was originally posted on WJZ TV NEWS
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Transit Administration announced Thursday it will reopen the Eastern Bus Division Friday after clearance from local and state health officials.
The MDOT MTA received a notification Tuesday from a bus operator out of the Eastern Division that they had tested positive for COVID-19.
- What Is A Coronavirus?
- The Symptoms Of Coronavirus And What You Should Do If You Feel Sick
- LIST: EPA Releases Names Of Disinfectants You Can Use Against Coronavirus
- Coronavirus-Related Scams Are Going Around. Here’s What To Watch Out For
- What We Know About Coronavirus In Maryland
- Latest coronavirus stories from WJZ
The bus operator had last reported to work March 19.
Upon notification, MDOT MTA reported the case to health officials who conducted an investigation.
According to health officials, the investigation found the bus operator was not at work after their illness, and that the Eastern Bus Division could resume service.