November 10, 2016 5:43 pm ET
Many voters are ill-informed
Source: Why is America torn Apart?
Photo credit/hanbachasent for politics.com
(Note: The opinions expressed in this column are those of the writer and do not represent the views of Patch.com)
Tomorrow is a day that “will live infamy.” Those words were uttered by the late FDR and, if you have to look that up, you might fall under the category of some of these people:
This is why I’m concerned about the state of our union, even if we are in a state of disunion.
Our nation is not only torn apart, but it is basically clueless. There are many examples I could cite from history, but it would take me a week just to do the research.
The mainstream (or lamestream) media, of which I’m not a member, is more concerned about ratings and readership than reporting the facts.
Those ratings and readership numbers, by the way, are going down the tubes faster than the number of us who trust our government, especially Congress.
I’ll go over some of my thoughts in a moment, but first I want to let you know that the mainstream paper, The Baltimore Sun, has endorsed Hillary Clinton (shocking, I know). Folks, the once proud and truthful paper has become so thin lately, and the rumors abound about the “final edition” being near.
I am aware of this because I know many people who used to work there.
Here is the Sun’s take on the issues.
Basically, that piece is nothing more than a big push for Democratic control, the kind we have seen plenty of during the last eight years.
Here is what we have seen the under the rule of the Democrats:
- Out of control crime in major cities, like Chicago and Baltimore.
- Tremendous increases in health care costs.
- Destabilization in the Middle East.
- A corrupt judicial system.
- The longest recession in our nation’s history.
- A failing education system.
- Terrible care for our veterans.
- Unsecured boarders with little to no enforcement.
- The defeat of “Kate’s law,” which allows illegals to reenter at will after deportation to commit more crimes.
- in January 2009, the total national debt stood at $10.6 trillion. That means the debt will have very nearly doubled during his eight years in office, and there is much more debt ahead with the abandonment of “sequestration” spending caps enacted in 2011.”
- Simply astonishing. Mr. President you should be ashamed.
Here is some more from a former teacher who is a Harvard graduate.
And from someone who is “in the know,” former Clinton adviser Dick Morris provides the following report.
I could go on about this for a week, but I think I made my point.
Those of you that have not voted, tomorrow is “V-day.”
Think long and hard before you cast your ballot. The current polls show 63% of the people think the country is headed in the wrong direction.
I myself do not want higher taxes and four (or, heaven forbid, eight) more years of the Obama administration’s failed policies.